Tuesday, August 15, 2023

I have mixed feelings about the current era of Zelda. Tell me if you feel this way.


On one hand, I feel that BotW and TotK are some of the greatest gaming experiences out there. They're worth no less than a 9.5 out of 10 thanks to excelling at nearly every element imaginable.

On the other hand, I also think they got too big. The Depths in particular is a primary example of filling up game time with large, empty spaces. Both games suffer from a lack of enemy variety that was present in every game preceding them. Plus the dungeon mechanics are questionable in that TotK was less "solve puzzle, get key" and using a different formula of unlocking switches instead.

The games are fantastic. But if I'm being quite honest, I hope that the next Zelda title deviates from this formula and preferably goes back to what made Twilight Princess great. Games do not have to be over 100 hours long to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment