Friday, August 12, 2022

The price of games and their stupid “ultimate/deluxe/idiot” editions is completely out of hand


I’m sure this has been said thousands of times but my god, I’ve just had a look through the pre-order catalogue on ps5 and I genuinely cannot believe the prices they are asking for some of these games.

£100 for Call of Duty MW 2 “vault edition”

£90 for FIFA “ultimate edition”

£75 for NBA 2k23 “Digital Deluxe”

£130 (yes you read that right) for NBA 2k23 “championship edition”

£85 for Saints Row “gold edition”

£95 for Saints Row “Platinum edition”

£80 for Gotham Knights “Deluxe edition”

£90 for Forspoken “Digitial Deluxe”

£95 for Skull and Bones “Premium edition”

Yes, I know plenty of people will say “well you don’t have to buy those editions of these games”, or pre order at all. “Buy them a year later on sale” etc etc

I get that. But these prices and the way they cut out content that should be in the base game and bundle it as though you’re getting something extra is just straight up egregious and insulting to us as consumers.

I shouldn’t have to research what edition has what and what I might be missing out on if I don’t buy a particular edition. I truly miss when the game was the game, and you never felt like you were missing out on anything by not pre ordering or not getting that special edition or whatever.

I wouldn’t mind if you were paying for a collectors edition and had something physical for your money, but these are just digital versions. NBA especially is ridiculous. What do you even get for your money? Some VC coins and a “career boost”. Lol thanks, so worth it.

But yeah, sorry, had to rant. Am I just behind the times? Or is this actually at a point where it’s beyond reasonable?

No comments:

Post a Comment