Sunday, May 21, 2023

Why so many gamers become aggressive towards you when you mention that you play games on "normal" or "easy" difficulty?


I don't have as much time on my hands to play video games nowadays as I've had in the past. What little time I do have for gaming, I treat as my time to relax and not get frustrated by enemies having gazillion more HP, ridiculous attack patterns etc. as that's the complete opposite of fun and relax for me now.

Just recently I've started my journey with Star Wars Jedi Survivor on PS5 and I'm having a blast with it on "normal" difficulty, which is neither too easy nor too hard. In most places online I've mentioned it, I was literally being attacked by people calling me a "noob", an "idiot" etc. because only the hardest difficulties in games are "cool" and "good".

I do get that some people like dying over and over again and having a greater challenge, but what's wrong exactly with playing on lower difficulties, especially when you don't have time to be wasting on getting frustrated with it?

I didn't mind the higher difficulties in the past, but not anymore due to time constraints like I've mentioned and simple lack of fun from actually gaming when playing games this way.

EDIT: I by no means am getting upset by any such comments, I was simply curious what drives such people to become aggressive in such a way ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment