Saturday, February 18, 2023

Metal Gear Solid V caught me off guard and I broke into tears over this hidden feature.


I was playing MGSV tonight on a whim because I missed the gameplay and I had forgotten what time it was. It had gone passed midnight, and I got a message from Mother Base to hurry back. I didnt recognize the cutscene when it started and was intrigued.

Then I heard the fireworks, and the music kicked in. "Happy Birthday, Boss!" I hear. Then it all clicked - today is now my birthday. I am 29, all my friends have moved away and arent in contact anymore. I dont really socialize, and my parents are all I really have close. I haven't celebrated or really thought about my birthday for years. But this... caught me off guard. I broke down. I hadnt felt like i was worth anything and that geature from a gamr... , even in that miniscule a fashion, it made me realize how much I miss everyone. It was a sweet cutscene and im so happy i decided to play tonight or else I may never have known it even existed.

Im going to try to have a good birthday. Just wanted to share as, like I said, I dont really have anyone to share with.

No comments:

Post a Comment